Employing Returning Veterans
Presented by: Diana Barta & Bradley Aune
Diana Barta of Kadrmas, Lee & Jackson (KLJ) is an Administrative Assistant for the Fargo office. Diana has worked for KLJ for five years in their Moorhead and Fargo offices. In 2011, Diana served on the organization committee for The Chamber hosting Military Day at a Bison football game. She is also involved in the Military Affairs Committee (MAC) through The Chamber and proudly supports the Honor Star Program with KLJ of the military families in the community.
Retired First Sergeant (E-8)Bradley Aune served 4 years active duty as an infantryman with the US Marine Corps, were he volunteered to be a Helicopter door gunner during oil tanker escort operation in the Persian Gulf, Operation Earnest Will, during the Iran and Iraq war in 1987.
Served 18 years with the ND Army National Guard. Deployed to Iraq in 2004-2005, were his unit conducted infantry missions, convoy security and trained the Iraqi Army.
Awarded the Bronze Star Medal for his actions and leadership in Iraq
American Legion member since 1989 and is the Commander of Fargo Legion Post #2.
Service connected disabled veteran.
He currently employed as a Veterans Employment Counselor for Job Service ND. He works with Veterans that are looking for employment and or skills training. He does outreach work with homeless veterans and teaches employment workshops to the Veterans.Program:
- Possible barriers to hiring military personnel
- Transition for our military employees before and after deployment
- KLJs Patriot Awards and national recognition through Employee Support of the Guard and Reserve
- “Statement of Support” with ESGR
- ESGR Involvement at KLJ
- Pilot program “Troops to Surveyors”
- Involvement in HonI will talk about my experiences coming back from deployments, reintegrating back into society. Being a National Guard member and how that impacted me and my employer. Strength that Veterans bring to employers and the workforce. Reasonable accommodations for disabled veterans which are no different than anyone that may have a disability. Discuss some of the stereotypes that Veterans may have about civilians and that civilians may have towards Veterans of the Military. or Star and Military Affairs Committee through Chamber
This session is pending approval for 1.0 General re-certification credit hours toward PHR/SPHR re-certification through the HR Certification Institute.
WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please register for the monthly luncheon at the FMHRA website. http://fmhra.camp9.org/. From the website, click on Events and then Register for the appropriate event.
*Reminder, registration closes the Tuesday before the monthly meeting.* Please don't forget to register and submit payment for your guest*