So Now What?: HR in Uncertain Times
Educational Luncheon 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Presented by Lisa Edison-Smith
To register: So Now What?: HR in Uncertain Times
President Donald Trump won’t take office until January 20, 2017, but HR is already hearing the rumblings of what might happen in this new era. Will Washington or the courts reject the DOL’s FLSA salary basis revisions for good? What about other initiatives of the Obama Administration such as EEO-1 pay data reporting, EEOC enforcement initiatives, etc.? Bring your crystal ball and join Lisa Edison-Smith for an interactive discussion of what HR might expect in 2017 on both the state and national level and how to plan for it!
- Gain knowledge on existing federal and state legislative changes of interest to HR over the past year.
- Discuss the status of the on-hold FLSA regulations enjoined by a Texas federal court and learn what steps to take in response to this decision.
- Learn about the projected impact of the change in administration on other executive orders, regulations, and federal agencies dealing with employee rights, benefits and other aspects of HR.
- Share opinions and strategies for dealing with the certainty of uncertainty in the workplace.
About the Speaker:
Lisa Edison-Smith practices exclusively in all areas of employment and labor law and is a Certified Labor and Employment Law Specialist certified by the Minnesota State Bar Association.
Lisa is also a qualified neutral under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice and is included in North Dakota's ADR Neutral Roster maintained by the North Dakota Supreme Court Administrator's Office.
Lisa has been selected to the Best Lawyers in America® in employment law, has regularly been selected as a leading employment law attorney for North Dakota by ChambersUSA and listed as a Great Plains Super Lawyer® by Thomson/Reuters. She is recognized as AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell.
Approved: 1.0 SHRM credit
Pending: 1.0 HRCI credit
- Taco Bar: Ground Beef, Soft & Hard Shells, Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream, Onions, Tomato, Black Olives, Salsa, Refried Beans, Spanish Rice
- Coffee, lemonade, milk
Educational luncheons are free for FMHRA members & student members.
Non-members: Please register and submit payment one week prior to the meeting. $20 charge per meeting.
Student non-members: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend. Your first meeting is free of charge.